Sunday, May 20, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 113

Wow....what a day! Who could have thought that edging the lawn MANUALLY could be a HappyUP!!!? Not me.

HappyUP!!! - edging the lawn
Why it happened - it needed it as it is something I rarely do
Why it made me happy - it was a heck of a workout. I gravitate between weights and cardio and pilates...always looking for a good workout. (NOTE TO SELF: need to do more working out and less looking for a workout). Anyway, as I was using the medieval tool you see here, I was feeling some burning in the arms. The cardio factor was off the charts. Of course, it would probably be a lot easier if I did this regularly and not be cutting through a year's worth of dirt. Anyway, I edged the whole thing. When I started, I only thought that I would finish half of one run. Then, I realized how gorgeous the morning was. I was in the shade. I started thinking, "would I really enjoy a moment out on a boat that much more than the moment I was enjoying as the new trim line was becoming visible." I deduced that I really wouldn't.

HappyUP!!! - a golf tip
Why it happened - as I was recovering from the above, I flipped on the Golf Channel.
Why it made me happy - it was an old tip that I had forgotten about....and I think it was exactly what went wrong with some of my game at the Sunsetter Tournament. Ahhhh...Golf. You always think you have it figured out. It was a game invented by satan!

HappyUP!!! - taking care of pops
Why it happened - I stopped by to visit
Why it made me happy - the little chore that I had to perform would be deemed as most unpleasant by some. To me, it was pure love. My bro and sis-in-law had stepped out for dinner. Dad is always a panic button away from getting any of us. He doesn't need someone to be with him 24/7. Anyway, he had an issue shortly after they left and I was able to take care of it. It made me feel good.

No comments: