Friday, May 18, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 111


HappyUP!!! - the hula girl

Why it happened - I am at the Sunsetter Golf Tournament and my partner owns his own cart with his special good luck charm

Why it makes me happy - because it is just so stupid! Stupid things are the best if you look at them as a source of happiness. You just have to appreciate them.








HappyUP!!! - the duck patrol

Why it happened - it's the way it happens

Why it makes me happy - it makes me happy to NOTICE these kinds of surroundings. C'mon...here I am at a macho men's invitational golf tournament. It takes some cojones to get out there and start snapping photos of "the cute lil duckies." Like I care what anyone thinks. The fact is you never get tired of seeing mama duck and the babies. The question is, "who is that bringing up the rear?"




THIS IS NOT A HAPPYUP!!!

...not when it is MY Ball!


......but wait............








HappyUP!!! - the ball is inbounds

Why it happened - a lucky bounce because, when it left the tee, it was heading out of bounds.

Why it made me happy - according to the rules of golf, you hit another ball from where you hit the ball that you just sent out of bounds....plus you add a stroke. So, even though this is THE WORST possible lie you can have, I was able to knock it sideways and then hit it again. This made me lying three strokes....far ahead of where I had been if I had to play the "provisional" ball that I hit off the tee. You hit a provisional ball when you think your first ball may be out..."just in case."

No comments: