Tuesday, May 01, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 94.....the countdown begins

The countdown to triple digits - that's right. 100 HappyUP!!! days in a row is less than one week away. Think about that. The HappyUP!!! exercise has a lot of self-fulfilling prophecy to it. Here is one that you can clearly see.....

Next Monday night - will be the century mark. I get to live through the next 6 days looking forward to that. I wonder if there is going to be a big fireworks show! Maybe I should throw a party. It sounds like a better idea than Cinco de Mayo.

You could do the same thing - and celebrate at 10, 25, 37, 49...etc. You make your own rules about what makes you happy. Once again, I have gone to the rulebook. You don't have to celebrate only numbers that end in zeros and fives. Really. The rule IS NOT THERE.

Let's live it up - and happy it up.

HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters
Why it happened - every Tuesday
Why it made me happy - we had one of the best meetings in my 20 years of going....and there were only four of us there. An "ideal" meeting according to Toastmasters International says that 12-15 is the number. We got in 2 speeches, 2 evaluations, and 3 table topics....and it was all quality.

HappyUP!!! - no traffic
Why it happened - I was smart....and lucky
Why it made me happy - I made the after work trip to Martinez. This is in the Bay Area. This is the same bay area that proved that we don't need to worry about terrorists....we can do a good enough job of blowing up bridges all by ourselves. In case you hadn't heard, a tanker truck full of gas overturned the other night on the cloverleaf right by the Bay Bridge. Two major arteries of this well traveled freeway system got torched. The can screw up all the surrounding freeways. I got down to Martinez and left Martinez with no traffic.....plus, there was a plane that crashed on one of the other freeways that I needed to use to boot. Do you know how easy it would be to just shrug off the lack of traffic as no big deal? Real easy. You do it every day. For me, it was a celebration....as every HappyUP!!! should be.

HappyUP!!! - my new admin answered a question for me.....exactly how I would have
Why it happened - I really don't know
Why it made me happy - he's getting it. Yes, there is a loss with my regular admin out on maternity leave but I know that we will get through it.

No comments: