Sunday, May 20, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 112



HappyUP!!!
- golf is over
Why it happened - the tourney's last day was today
Why it makes me happy - four days of golf in a row was starting to push it for the kid. File it under that, "too much of a good thing," category...at least for how much I play these days. It's like fasting for 40 days and then eating a piece of steak out of the chute. My partner and I just couldn't put it together and ended up finishing in the middle of the pack.

HappyUP!!! - my brother and his partner WON the tournament above
Why it happened - my brother was smart in taking a partner that wasn't his brother
Why it makes me happy - hey, I'm no sour grapes. I was just happy to be in contention a little bit last year. He had to have had a great time as they were grinding out every shot. He now has bragging rights for an entire year. He gets a little respect around his country club. It's actually far better for him. He and his partner were 188 to 1 longshots. My partner and I were a bit more popular going in.

HappyUP!!! - a real old time Barbeque
Why it happened - a buddy puts it on at his ranch every year
Why it makes me happy - I would never take the care that this guy does with his place. This place reeks of pride of ownership. I got to see some people that I haven't talked to in a long time. There were even more than a few pretty girls hanging around.....always a HappyUP!!! there.