Monday, May 28, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 121....Thumbs UP



HappyUP!!! - I still have a right thumb

Why it happened - I didn't slice the whole thing off

Why it makes me happy - well, for one thing, I am instinctively learning to hit the space bar with my left thumb as I type this (really...it's almost instinctual...I am ambithumbrious). Anyway, it was a stupid yardwork accident. I ran a manual edger across my right thumb. Don't even ask me how I did it. I don't think I could even do it again. I reached down as I was bracing on the edger. A little slip and....GASH! Man, talk about a bleeder.




HappyUP!!! - stuffed 8 ball zucchini

Why it happened - I planted a different kind of squash this year

Why it made me happy - I have a bunch of these new-to-me vegetable growing. I had to find a recipe. I altered it and stuffed it with the zucchini innards, bell pepper, a jalapeno, and some basil....all from my garden. I threw in some parmesian and bread crumbs to boot. Let me tell you....this was some awfully good squash!



HappyUP!!! - did a little straightening up

Why it happened - an extra day off
Why it made me happy - I'll get this house put together yet. Everytime I get closer, it makes me feel better.


No comments: