Wednesday, May 09, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 102

HappyUP!!! - Dad's one step closer to home
Why it happened - we had an appointment with the oncologist
Why it makes me happy - OK...I am going to be stark honest here. While it is a labor of love and I would continue going as long as it would take, driving to Martinez 3-4 times a week is a pain! The reason is justified which makes it an easy drive but I would like to be spending those hours with or helping my dad and not just driving. Now, on the larger sense, we want him home so we can see how we do with taking care of him.

HappyUP!!! - got my budget/goal reduced at work by 20%
Why it happened - I let my feelings be known
Why it makes me happy - it's a start. In another day, I would have focused on the fact that my budget/goal was overinflated when delivered to me (and I would be correct), I am going to be happy that it is now at a manageable level. I will also use this to come up with a more correct budgeting process in the future.

HappyUP!!! - new shirts
Why it happened - I saw one of my clients
Why it makes me happy - I went to the client. I loved his shirt. I said, "you got that down the street, didn't you?" He said he did and I said, "well, I am going shopping after I see you rather than get parked in rush hour traffic." I guess I should say "new shirts." While there aren't a lot of material things that make me happy, you have to buy some new work clothes once in awhile. Trust me, when I retire, it is going to be cheapo shorts and semi-slob wear. I am not out to impress anyone on the weekend. At work and in the position, I have some constituents and responsibilites that override my personal preference for attire. New clothes always make me feel good at work.

No comments: