Sunday, May 27, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 120

HappyUP!!! - a winning ticket
Why it happened - I put $10 in a pool
Why it made me happy - my Indy Car Driver came in second place. The pool was a small one. It wasn't the $20 that I got back on the original 10 spot that made me happy. The feeling of cashing a ticket is what it was about. Winning feels better than losing....and, even though there was no skill involved AND I didn't take first place, it just feels good to win. Plus, the pool kept the race interesting.

HappyUP!!! - Barbeque
Why it happened - my bro and sis in law had guests over to see my dad
Why it made me happy - getting together with friends is always fun. I also got to talk with a friend of my dad's that I hadn't seen in forever. I got to talk with the friend's son-in-law too. He is a friend that I run into a few times a year.

HappyUP!!! - clean sheets
Why it happened - I changed sheets yesterday
Why it made me happy - this is a small one. Many of the best HappyUP!!!'s are. It was just that "clean sheets" feeling...you know what I mean. It also makes me wonder. If you changed your sheets everyday, would you get the "clean sheets" feeling? I don't think so. Anyway, I like that feeling now and again.

No comments: