Monday, May 07, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 100!....Strike Up the Band!


No! No! No! - strike that strike up the band request. I rarely get headaches but I have had one all day! No cymbals tonight...

...but hey - you didn't come here to have me relate about my headache....how I didn't wake up when the alarm clock went off which put me behind...how I got delayed in another town...and how my presentation didn't go well.

Yep....they all happened - to me on the historic 100 day.

So what - you can go anywhere to hear about this stuff that happens all the time. How about....

HappyUP!!! - drive to and back from that other town
Why it happened - that is where the meeting was
Why it made me happy - got to spend some quality time with one of my employee's and good friend. We got to talk about some real stuff

HappyUP!!! - my fill in admin
Why it happened - he is more thoughtful than me
Why it made me happy - he covered me for the birthday of another staff member that is going to occur tomorrow. No, I won't have to hide behind my, "I'm too busy...I'm the boss," tomorrow. He covered me on his lunch hour. Excellent

HappyUP!!! - phone message from a friend
Why it happened - he returned my call
Why it made me happy - he is back from his travels. We missed hooking up yesterday when I was near his place in another town. I thought it strange that he hadn't called back....didn't take it personally. It was just unfortunate. I found out why today and it ended up being just what it was....no big deal. I think back to how I may have reacted in my youth, "how rude," "his loss," or "screw him." None of those crossed my mind. It's a good thing, too, because they all would have been unwarranted. Hmmmmm.....are you taking anything personally these days that you shouldn't?

No comments: