Tuesday, July 20, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1268 - Tues


HappyUP!!! - birdie on first hole
Why it happened - crazy skills (..and a bit of luck)
Why it makes me happy - first shot of the second day of our tournament...and I slice it into the hazard. I was surprised to find the ball.....and get a decent lie....and strike it perfectly to a tough pin location. I run in the 20 footer......turning disaster into master in a hurry.

HappyUP!!! - birdie on last hole
Why it happened - I hit a crazy good shot
Why it makes me happy - par three....187....elevated tee....heavy air at sea level....wind gusting into my face.....no way to know the exact club selection to a tough pin location. I stripe it...ball goes up....looks good but, with all those factors, who knows where it will come down...until it did....about 10 feet from the pin. Then, I drained the right to left putt. The best part, however, was when my playing partner got up after me and said, "well, I just got a video lesson on how to do this"......and hit it within 8 feet.

HappyUP!!! - our playing partners
Why it happened - GOOD luck of the draw
Why it makes me happy - you never know who you will be paired with in tournaments. You always hope that they would be the most enjoyable people possible....but...let's face it....it's tournament golf. Yeah, it's not the US OPEN but it's not always as social as it could be. My partner could not have drawn a better pairing today.

HappyUP!!! - dinner
Why it happened - I took a detour
Why it makes me happy - sometimes when you go a little out of your way, it makes all the difference. This dinner was the RIGHT CALL!!!

JollyJottings

Birdie out of hazard on 1st
Better overall ball striking
Hybrid birdie on 18th
Punch shot up the slope
Hooking up with some friends for dinner
Wonderful playing partners
Great weather

No comments: