Monday, October 29, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 275

HappyUP!!! - free flow of traffic to my dinner appointment
Why it happened - I got some great advice...that I asked for
Why it made me happy - I had an important meeting. I thought I knew where it was...but I didn't have it placed in my mind right. Because I left early on the advice of staff, I beat the traffic window. This allowed me time to actually FIND the place that I needed to be at rather than worrying about looking at my watch. I was in a great frame for my recruiting appointment.

HappyUP!!! - meeting my next two employees
Why it happened - one of my direct reports scheduled the interviews
Why it made me happy - I really liked these people. They will be a great addition to the team. My boss approved my offer letters in a hurry. We will get them on-board....fast.

HappyUP!!! - golf invitation
Why it happened - I did something great the other day
Why it made me happy - hey...it was a golf invitation....from a key business associate....who is very busy. He made the invite. Heretofore, it has been a "let's do lunch" kind of thing. Golf and business....does it get better than that?

No comments: