Sunday, October 07, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 252....Sat Nite with George Carlin


HappyUP!!! - George Carlin live
Why it happened - I made a decision to go
Why it makes me happy - I have always believed that George Carlin has a brilliant mind. Some would label him a contrarian ...I am sure he would say, "thank you." Last night, he unabashedly went down the line of BS that gets sold to people. This makes me happy because it is always great to find a kindred spirit. Carlin was trying out new material in prep for his upcoming 14th HBO Special. Some of his "new" material has been a takeoff of things that I already have made note of in this blog! George, have you been taking my stuff again?

HappyUP!!! - George Carlin seating
Why it happened - I bought at the last minute
Why it makes me happy - I called ahead. "All we have left are the less expensive seats but you will have a great time," the lady on the phone said. I showed up at the box office as the lights were flickering in the lobby signifying that the show was about to begin. "Would you like seats right up front?" the HELPFUL person asked. "Yes...I would like to sit where I deserve," was my reply. Orchestra Pit....row 3....just off to the center of stage left. Awesome

HappyUP!!! - taking an underprivileged kid shopping at Mervyns
Why it happened - I was invited by the Apostolos Fund to help out
Why it makes me happy - these kids would probably be wearing hand me downs from a thrift store. There is nothing wrong with that in my book. Yet, other kids can be brutal. These kids already have disadvantages to overcome just because of where they were born in life. Mervyns ain't Nordstrom so it puts these kids on a par in appearance with most of their peers. From there, the kids are on their own to overcome the challenges. At least this gives them one piece of assistance. Personally, I think a little adversity is good. It makes you more resourceful. Unfortunately, everyone isn't me (...and don't even say that was a typo that should have said "fortunately").

No comments: