Thursday, October 25, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 271

HappyUP!!! - lunch
Why it happened - an old business colleague called
Why it made me happy - there could be a business opportunity involved. We also had a great conversation.

HappyUP!!! - reading
Why it happened - I took my few minutes to read before going in to the office
Why it made me happy - I was reading about the subject of "choice" and how that fits into the Science of Positive Psychology. It more than fits. The research that has been done shows that it is at the core. It was interesting that a bunch of experiments were set up that validated a pretty simple concept. There was a little bit of an "Aha" moment.

HappyUP!!! - systems
Why it happened - LA Fires
Why it made me happy - once again, the fires are not a HappyUP!!! The things that people do very quickly are. Many people know about the things dealing directly with the fire itself. Others don't know the things that have to be done to function as a business during these times of natural disaster. Though relatively unaffected, my group all learned through a conference call about what has to happen during times like these.

No comments: