Friday, October 12, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 258

HappyUP!!! - finding that the error that I suspected existed
Why it happened - I went and audited the guy that did the report
Why it made me happy - some complex numbers were being sold to me as being "the truth" about my marketplace. If true, it means that I don't know my market......self doubt started to creep in. Finally, I said, "this doesn't make sense....something is wrong," to myself. Sure enough, I went to the guy that put the reports together and he had double counted A MAJOR portion of the market. Big implications on this.

HappyUP!!! - taking off a couple of hours early from work
Why it happened - I made it happen
Why it made me happy - come on.....a couple of free hours....just to relax and knock around. Heaven

HappyUP!!! - meeting a long time competitor for the first time
Why it happened - one of my managers recruited him
Why it made me happy - after all these years, I found out that he is as nice a guy as I thought he was. I like good, professional competitors in the marketplace

No comments: