Friday, March 30, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 62


HappyUP!!! - a retirement party
Why it happened - a friend spent 30 yrs at the company and is getting out at 52
Why it made me happy - hey, it gives me hope! I got to say a few words...and people laughed quite a bit. The best part was when the honoree spent so much time talking about his wife. It is awesome when people married a long time gush over each other. That was the real HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - seeing an old friend
Why it happened - we both went to the same retirement party
Why it made me happy - I hadn't seen the guy in about a year. He relocated. He is within a car drive. He is living on the coast. Has his boat there. Mountain bike trails. He wants me to come down. Besides seeing each other again, it sounds like there is a new place to play!

HappyUP!!! - hot issue resolved
Why it happened - one of my employees got on it and did a good job
Why it made me happy - THIS could have turned into a major blowup...super stressful. You absolutely MUST revel in times of pain that is avoided. Just because it didn't happen is no reason that it shouldn't be a HappyUP!!!


Jolly Jottings
Meeting with employee
Builder issue ...hot...done
My part in conf call
King's game
Second interview
Message from recruiter
Call with equity person

1 comment:

paris parfait said...

It's nice you reconnected with an old friend. One of my friends from college is here; we haven't seen each other in 20 years, yet we've picked up as though we saw each other yesterday.