Wednesday, March 28, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 60...Delivering as Threatened

It is official - two months of solid HappyUP!!!'s. There doesn't appear to be an end in sight either.

It matters not - if it is a day when the multitudes of you tune in or on a day when traffic is down a bit.

I am at confessional - I now do this for me....Me.....ME! No shame. No guilt. No worries about self-absorption. Why? Because if you know there is one crazy guy out there doing it for him, YOU now have permission to do it FOR you should you choose to join in and HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - being named as a top 5 thought provoking blog by a person that I have tremendous respect for
Why it happened - she and I took the time to read each other's things.
Why it made me happy - she writes from a perspective and talent level far beyond mine. Yet, at the same time, there is something she finds here that makes her day a little brighter when she stops by. I was asked a long, long time ago, "Nutster, what should your tombstone read?" My reply today is the same as it was over a quarter century ago, "It was always a little bit better when he was around." This recognition is an acknowledgement that I am staying true to that purpose. No, you and I may not be curing starvation or ridding the world of AIDS here.....but we may be making life a little better for someone who is.

(Editors Note: whose life were you a light to today?)

HappyUP!!! - a wonderful dinner
Why it happened - I made it happen and went to dinner
Why it made me happy - I had never eaten indoors at The Town Lounge. (Hey, hit the link...the cool music is worth it). I have heard of it being more of an upscale, pick up joint. I figured that it was probably safe on a Wednesday night. The service was outstanding. The sea bass was tremendous. The guy playing guitar was playing at a volume level perfect for background music for the dining crowd. The company was outstanding.

HappyUP!!! - a possible solution to a nagging problem
Why it happened - I made a phone call
Why it made me happy - my admin is going out on maternity leave in less than 30 days. I have wrestled with the solution of what we are going to do for six months. Do I hope that the temp that I bring in will work out....I only have one shot for my current admin to train him/her? Do I try to spread the load amongst my current staff, the staff above me, and with a peer or two? THIS solution, if it works out, will be THE BESTEST! That's right, I said the BESTEST. I love that non-word. It will be the BESTEST for everyone...if only I can pull it off. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

paris parfait said...

Scptt, you deserve the recognition. And you do make the day a little brighter. Merci bien! And thank you for the kudos. Glad you had a great dinner with the benefit of good music and good company. Hope the admin situation sorts itself out.