Sunday, March 18, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 50

Wow!!! - half way to 100 on the HU days. This is one way to realize how fast time does really pass by. Get started on your HappyUP!!!s....before it's too late.

HappyUP!!! - fixed a broken chainsaw
Why it happened - I really needed the chainsaw
Why it made me happy - it was easier to do than I expected. Yes, I had to take the thing apart. It was a hand me down from my dad. At the same time, I have no chainsaw fixing experience. I got the chain back on. More importantly, I had the guts to fire it up with me holding it in my hands. Yes, I had a couple of those "chainsaw accident stories you hear about" going through my mind but only fleetingly. My mind was on getting the job done....and I did. I got a task done....and fixed a tool.

HappyUP!!! - took down the bean tree
Why it happened - it has needed to be done forever. It was an ugly volunteer tree that was encroaching on a power line
Why it made me happy - I used the hatchet (hadn't mustered up the motivation to fix the chain saw yet). I chopped a "V" into the tree so it would fall where I wanted it to.....NOT on the powerline. It came down exactly where it was supposed to. After that, I hacked it up with the chainsaw, put it in the green waste, and another little chore is out of the way......smoothly, safely, and as planned. This is NOT the way things always (usually?) go.

HappyUP!!! - found the missing Blue Tooth headset
Why it happened - I was looking for the missing garage door opener
Why it made me happy - whether I take the one back that I just purchased (it's container is trashed) or not, I really dig finding stuff that I once had written off. It was a validation that I am not totally careless. In this case, it must have fallen between the seat and the console of the truck and worked it's way under the seat. Hmmm....I swear I looked there before. Those gnomes that hide things....they move around while you are looking....I know they do.


JollyJottings

Slept in
Got garage cleaned out
Got rid of a tree
Fixed a broken chainsaw
Coco Mulch
Battery Operated Timer discovered
Irrigation system possibilities
Found the Blue Tooth headset
Bought some new books
Trip to the health food store
TraderJoe's French Market Lemonade

No comments: