Tuesday, March 13, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 45

HappyUP!!! 1 - a new piece of business coming my way
Why it happened - I work for a great company
Why it makes me happy - new people...new challenges....new opportunities....I get to see how my team performs.

HappyUP!!! 2 - a teaching opportunity
Why it happened - someone appears to have done something they shouldn't
Why it makes me happy - I should be able to make some progress with a person by showing them in the moment a behavior that is holding them back. I will probably find out sometime tomorrow. If taken well, this could be life changing. If taken poorly, the relationship between myself and the person is going to be strained. Sometimes you have to risk the relationship to have the relationship. I actually would prefer not to have this opportunity. I would rather that things just went along smoothly. Change happens, however, and is needed. I am happy that this incident has come up now.

HappyUP!!! 3 - an employee found another source of business
Why it happened - he was tipped off by some contacts he had
Why it makes me happy - I love it when the people that report up to me find opportunities. I like it better than when I find them. This tells them to keep looking for opportunity much better than if I find something and hand it to them.

No comments: