Thursday, September 27, 2012

HappyUP!!! Day 2075



HappyUP!!! - winning the cup
Why it happened - team effort
Why it makes me happy - the North Valley league has been around for 41 years. The club I joined 18 months ago had only won the cup once. We can now say twice.  It was a great season.....we seriously kicked some butt all year. Today was just a formality.

HappyUP!!! - 4 iron
Why it happened - wind was in face
Why it makes me happy - NOBODY should ever go after THAT pin location....and I didn't. 185 into a breeze with a pin tucked way to the left....with water on the left. I was playing to the middle of the green. Yep........I pulled it a bit........to within 5 feet of the pin. THAT is why you play to center on a hole like that. If you make a mistake, you look like a hero. Still, the shot was hit extremely well. It was a beautiful birdie

HappyUP!!! - communication
Why it happened - we live in a multi-media world
Why it makes me happy - I "got it" today......and that is OK

HappyUP!!! - great dinner
Why it happened - team play
Why it makes me happy - one of the great things about team play is travelling to another club and enjoying the spread they put on for their guests. Valley Hi was AWESOME tonight....one of the best steaks....lots of great greens.......tremendous dinner with my teammates.


No comments: