Saturday, September 15, 2012

HappyUP!!! Day 2063

Can there be a bigger HappyUP!!! than
a medal for valor? I don't think so.

HappyUP!!! - our warrior
Why it happened - he stepped into the ring
Why it makes me happy - it's a big deal when a young man learns an endeavor....and then goes to his first tournament....to be tested.  I remember how that felt like.  It was a sacred privilige to be there....and be present for this moment.....that can never be replicated.  The first only happens once. The nervousness...the not knowing what is going on or what is going to happen...and watching that go through his mind.   I watched him get tagged....HARD.....twice.  He dug in and fought back harder.  So proud of him for stepping in.....and pushing on and through.

HappyUP!!! - birdie on 14
Why it happened - a pretty stout 9 iron
Why it makes me happy - I popped this one off the sidehill lie out of some taller grass to within 5 feet of the hole......EXACTLY when I needed it most. It got me back into the match

HappyUP!!! - lunch
Why it happened - watching martial arts creates an appetite
Why it makes me happy - we had some great food....funny stories about the tourney

HappyUP!!! - our speech winners
Why it happened - area contest
Why it makes me happy - it's just AWESOME when people in your club go on and win at the next level.  They will have SUCH a great experience and learnings from this.  And....to think.....I was there at the club "before they were born" as speakers.  Love to watch the growth



No comments: