Saturday, September 08, 2012

HappyUP!!! Day 2056

My nephew.....the big fella.....gotta love him! 

HappyUP!!! - birdie on 17
Why it happened - pretty sweet 7 iron
Why it makes me happy - match was even on the back. My nemisis proceded to put his 7 iron with 5 feet of the pin.....things looked bleak for our hero (that's me in this story).  I proceded to jack a 7 iron to a half inch as close as my foe. I now NEEDED that putt......and in it went.  HappyUP!!! It did not make me happy that my opponent missed his putt....but I took that 1 up lead on the back 9 and held on to it on 18........minimizing damages on a day I was getting my fanny spanked!

HappyUP!!! - bunker shot 11
Why it happened - a bit of skill
Why it makes me happy - it led to a very unlikely par is one reason.  Another reason is that it was a tricky distance......calculated it right.....and executed

HappyUP!!! - I'm alive
Why it happened - the jagged shaft just missed my jugular
Why it makes me happy - I kinda like hanging around this orb! Been golfing for over 40 years....never had this happen. I hit my 6 iron on the 9th hole and, as the club contacted the ground, the club broke right in the grip below my hands.  The rubber grip, however, kept the club attached.  The dangling metal now wrapped around my neck in my follow through.  Hey....GOLF.....a dangerous game! Careful out there, kids!

JollyJottings

Drive/3 wood/chip 4....chip 5....chip 6....hybrid/putt 7....5 iron contact 8....wedge 9....drive/hybrid/chip 10.....3 wood/bunker shot/putt 11....good break 13....wedge 14....9 iron 15....7 iron/Birdie 17
Fantasy Golf
Broken 6 iron

No comments: