Saturday, July 09, 2011

HappyUP!!! Day 1622


HappyUP!!! - tournament day
Why it happened - my club puts them on
Why it makes me happy - nothing like a tourney to fire up the competitive juices. Yeah, my partner and I could have played a touch better. No matter. FUN!

HappyUP!!! - team play
Why it happened - my club has a team
Why it makes me happy - after the tourney in the morning, I turned around and represented our club against another club. I won my individual match after staging a tremendous comeback. I was 3 down through 10 holes. It took me until the 18th hole to do it...but I pulled it out. My partner and I won our team match. Overall, our club ended up with a tie. It's not what you want on your home course....but it's better than a loss. My partner and I pulled our weight as he won his individual match. We got the maximum 6 points.

HappyUP!!! - brilliant chip
Why it happened - a little skill
Why it makes me happy - my opponent and I were all tied going into the last hole. His third shot into the par 5 came up short. Mine scooted a little long.....leaving me with an EXTREMELY fidgety little chip shot......which I knocked up for a gimmie. Lots of class by my opponent to concede that putt. I love the sportsmanship of golf

HappyUP!!! - great breeze
Why it happened - weather
Why it makes me happy - I was soooooooo happy that we caught a lovely day. Trust me, you really don't want to be out playing 36 holes if it was a baking day!

JollyJottings

Tournament day
36 holes
Drive/pitch on 1....9 iron on 2....hybrid 3....3 wood on 4...hybrid 7....5 iron 9....5 iron/chip 10...putt on 11...6 iron 12...wedge 13....9 iron 14...wedge 16....wedge 18
Team play....drive..hybrid...wedge on 1....recovery shot on 2...bunker shot on 3....drive 4...9 iron 5...drive 6...drive 7....7 iron 11...drive/9 iron 13....wedge/putt 14...drive/wedge 15...drive wedge 16
Winning my match
Hanging with the team
Great breeze for the day

No comments: