Tuesday, July 21, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 906

HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters Meetin
Why it happened - it's Tuesday
Why it makes me happy - we had another full house and two excellent icebreakers

HappyUP!!! - 3 new members
Why it happened - we have a good product at Toastmasters
Why it makes me happy - our group was at a low point for membership.....we are busting out now!

HappyUP!!! - solid round of golf
Why it happened - I am swinging well
Why it makes me happy - I was just a couple of loose swings and a couple of bad putts from shooting par today. Hitting lots of solid shots is why I love the game.....I am scoring well but will start scoring even better....especially if I get the putter going.

HappyUP!!! - 9 iron into 14
Why it happened - I put the move on it
Why it makes me happy - I had 134 yards into a slight wind. I hit it right on the button, starting just right of the flag, and drawing in within 4 feet on this challenging hole. A birdie here is always a big HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - only losing one bet to Laff
Why it happened - I played solid......had to
Why it makes me happy - Laff had one of his best rounds of the year.....75 from the Gold Tees. He birdied 2 out of the last 4 holes and parred the other two. That is a recipe for disaster. I could have got creamed today but I hung in and kept the damage to a minimum.

JollyJottings

Toastmasters meeting
3 new members
Coffee with a friend
Great foursome and game
Up and downs...2, 4, 5, 8
9 iron into 9
7 iron out of bunker and 6 iron into 10
bunker shot 11
5 iron on 12
Approach wedge 13
9 iron and birdie on 14
Putt on 15
9 iron on 18
Dinner with the boys

No comments: