Thursday, July 09, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 894

HappyUP!!! - sushi
Why it happened - we set it up
Why it makes me happy - hadn't had any sushi for a long time. It just so happens that a GREAT sushi place is located really close to where one of my old co-workers lives....perfect. Great food and great catching up conversation.

HappyUP!!! - my new LaserDistance device
Why it happened - I finally got one
Why it makes me happy - I'm playing in a tournament this weekend. I doubt the distances will be all over the sprinkler heads. Plus, I don't know this course that well. This is going to help me out. It also actually helps out day to day at my course. There were a couple of times today when my ballpark would have been 5-10 yards off.....which actually can make a big difference. There is also some added confidence when you know EXACTLY what the distance is.

HappyUP!!! - 36 holes
Why it happened - got done fast in the morning and had a great game lined up this afternoon
Why it makes me happy - my scoring could have been a little better BUT I hit a lot more quality shots than I have been. I really haven't played that well this year (so far). I think the help I got last weekend was SPOT ON.

HappyUP!!! - hitting balls after the morning round
Why it happened - I just felt like I was on the verge of a breakthrough
Why it makes me happy - when I got on the range, I did a drill that accompanied my weekend help I got from The Legend. I THOUGHT I was doing what the legend had taught me. Then, I remembered an old drill he reminded me of. The first time I tried to do it on the range, my swing felt awkward........obviously, even though I thought I was, I had not incorporated the weekend tips into my game. Almost immediately, I started hitting it crisper.

HappyUP!!! - giving a t-shirt to PENO (Public Enemy Number One)
Why it happened - I told him I would give him one
Why it makes me happy - everyone likes free stuff....and my t-shirts rock. I know he liked it and now he is off to win the NCGA Stroke Play Championship.....which I, of course, will insist it is due to the the happiness he had over receiving his new shirt.

JollyJottings

Sushi
Visiting with my old admin
Golf at 7 a.m.
Birdies
Hitting a few balls right after the morning round
Getting a couple of errands done between rounds
The afternoon golf game
My new LaserDistance finder
Giving Public Enemy Number One (PENO)

No comments: