Saturday, July 11, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 896

HappyUP!!! - perfect drive off first tee
Why it happened - I nutted up
Why it makes me happy - when you are in a big tournament where they announce your name, it's not like just stepping up to the opening hole back at the club. I mentally rehearse this on the driving range. When it pays off, HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - putts
Why it happened - I'm a decent putter
Why it makes me happy - my game was a little off today. While I had two 3-putts and missed a short one for par, I did make several par saves Boldand a good birdie putt. It wasn't a bad day on the greens.

HappyUP!!! - reconnecting with a friend
Why it happened - we traded some messages
Why it makes me happy - it's always good to reconnect and try to fix some open loops

HappyUP!!! - advice from a coach
Why it happened - I e-mailed him
Why it makes me happy - I took his advice and combined it with some other mental techniques. I didn't hit the ball as well as I would have liked but I wasn't that far off. It helped.

JollyJottings

Breakfast
Dropping off veggies
Arriving plenty early to golf
Getting a power thought from a coach
Nice guys to play with
Perfect drive off first tee
Great wedge shot on first
Several great par putts
Two sand saves
Knocking in a birdie putt
Hitting a spinner wedge
Reconnecting with a friend

No comments: