Sunday, July 19, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 904

HappyUP!!! - 2 over after 2....and 2 over after 18
Why it happened - I got on it
Why it makes me happy - I hit a couple of loose shots to start my day. It could have started a tailspin but I played my a-- off after that. I still had a few bad shots on the way home but three birdies and narrowly missing a couple of others picked me up.

HappyUP!!! - Tom Watson and Lance Armstong
Why it happened - they are getting older
Why it makes me happy - they didn't win today....Watson lost and Armstrong probably lost his chance at the yellow jersey. Yet, what they have been doing has been incredible. Love the underdog

HappyUP!!! - pitch on 3
Why it happened - I got game
Why it makes me happy - I had about 52 yards.....and a hill in the green in front of the pin. I hit a low, spinny wedge that landed on the low side of the hill, hopped up the bank, and then stopped like it had glue on it.....easy birdie.

HappyUP!!! - 8 iron on 16
Why it happened - I was ticked off
Why it makes me happy - my opponent played remarkably well....shot a 5 under 31 on the first nine holes. Despite my good play, he closed me out on 15....but our team game was still alive. I stepped up and hit it 2 feet from the hole....a near ace....right when our team needed it.

JollyJottings

Seeing a 31
3 birdies
Great wedge on 3
Great 7 iron on 4...super putt on 5....good 8 on 7.....great 8 iron on 8.....
Great wedge on 13....and on 15
Superlative 8 iron...near ace on 16
Great drives on 15....17...and 18
Nice pitching wedge into 18
Playing with Wah
Getting a better mental picture of my swing
Tom Watson's British Open

No comments: