Friday, May 29, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 853

Today was a very rich day - and a good one to be walking in my shoes. I can't wait for tomorrow

HappyUP!!! - hearing from a long lost friend
Why it happened - Facebook find
Why it makes me happy - this person now holds the record for the longest I have known someone that I still communicate with that is not part of my family. It was awesome hearing from this old grade school chum.

HappyUP!!! - niece's birthday/graduation dinner
Why it happened - my niece graduated from college
Why it makes me happy - my niece got her accounting degree from Sonoma State.....and knocked it down in just four years. With the way you need to schedule classes, that is not easy to do anymore...even for the ambitious. We all assembled at my brother's house for excellent family and friend times.

HappyUP!!! - 36 holes with Laff
Why it happened - we are golfing fools
Why it makes me happy - I wasn't that happy about the drubbing I got and the dough that flew out of my wallet....let's get that clear. I had ample opportunities to do something about it, though. I came through in the clutch with a couple of excellent putts.....THOSE are big HappyUP!!!s. Yes, I blew it on the last hole of both rounds (including a ball in the pond) but we don't dwell on that. I remember the good shots I hit.......and even the incredible putts that Laff drained on me. My scores weren't there but I hit it OK and it all added up to a super day of golf.



JollyJottings

Watering
Buying some stocks
Today's and this week's market
36 holes with Laff
Knocking down a critical birdie putt
A near hole in one
A lot of other great shots
Hearing from a long lost friend
My niece's birthday/graduation dinner

No comments: