Monday, May 25, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 849

HappyUP!!! - grocery shopping
Why it happened - Mother Hubbard's cupboards were bare
Why it makes me happy - due to the holiday this evening, no one was in the store. I did a full on stop and was in and out in no time.

HappyUP!!! - birdie by my friend
Why it happened - he hit two great shots and made the putt
Why it makes me happy - my buddy, Boz, struggled today. Yet, on our difficult final hole, he got the ball back to a very tough pin position....and I mean a tough one. I was glad he ended the day on a super positive note

HappyUP!!! - pitch shot on the last hole
Why it happened - I am good at the tough shots
Why it makes me happy - I got a bad break when my ball hit the green and bounced down a hill. Now, I had a tough up and down but I was able to get the club under the ball and put some wicked spin on it. This held it on the top shelf and let me make a par......and beat the Boz by one stroke. Hey, it was a tough day for me out there too.

HappyUP!!! - e-mails and facebook messages from friends
Why it happened - they had some time on Memorial Day
Why it makes me happy - it keeps me in the loop with them.

HappyUP!!! - Memorial Day
Why it happened - brave men gave their lives
Why it makes me happy - I thought about my late father and what he did in WW2. The story is incredible.....and one that I was happy to be reminded of today.

No comments: