Sunday, May 24, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 848

HappyUP!!! - Indy 500
Why it happened - it happens every year
Why it makes me happy - I am not a huge car fan...I was when I was a kid. I loved Indy racing. At "the greatest spectacle in racing," it is "balls to the wall" and you know they are pushing it as hard as they possibly can. I think it is the tension of high stakes competition that does it.

HappyUP!!! - afternoon golf and no waiting
Why it happened - I think people had Memorial Day weekend plans
Why it makes me happy - I was just too tired to play this morning. I was almost not going to play. When my golf buddy texted me saying he wanted to play another 18, I knew it would just be him and I...no gambling....knocking it around. I figured we would do some waiting but we played in less than 3 hours with no one in front of us.

HappyUP!!! - BBQ lunch
Why it happened - my friends were doing it
Why it makes me happy - I got a great burger and was able to spend time with my much too neglected "adopted" family.

Jolly Jottings

Indy 500.......Barbeque.....sleeping in....delivering the prize money....golf with no waiting in the afternoon....stopping by my bro's....texting with my niece...meeting a new employee at the club
Hitting a lot of greens....wedge on scorecard 4

No comments: