Tuesday, May 26, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 850

HappyUP!!! - not having to work today
Why it happened - I retired
Why it makes me happy - I was over on Facebook. I could not believe how many of my friends were lamenting about going back to work after a three day weekend. It also reminded me of a study I heard about that said how many heart attacks occur on Monday morning. While there are times that I miss working, the feeling hasn't been strong enough to make me think about going back.....seeing these kinds of messages makes me feel better about my decision.

HappyUP!!! - today's golf game
Why it happened - everyone played OK
Why it makes me happy - I didn't play with the very, very best at the club today but they are pretty close. There was a 75, a 76, another 76, and another 78. I was witness to a lot of good shots.....and manufactured a few myself

HappyUP!!! - phone call from a friend
Why it happened - my friend was thinking of me
Why it makes me happy - we caught up on the weekend....and agreed to get together for dinner...something we haven't done forever.

HappyUP!!! - call from another friend
Why it happened - my friend was thinking of me
Why it makes me happy - I haven't heard from this friend in a bit...but was thinking about em. Perfect timing for a call.

HappyUP!!! - tapioca pudding
Why it happened - I bought some at TraderJoe's
Why it makes me happy - my mom used to make me this treat as a kid. I haven't had any in quite some time.....it was delicious....and it was good to know where I can get some anytime.

JollyJottings

Tapioca pudding
My golf game buddies today
13 putts on the back side
Phone call from a friend
Text from another friend
A friend's birthday
NOT having to go back to work today

No comments: