Monday, April 27, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 821

HappyUP - State Am Qualifying
Why it happened - I paid my money and took my chances
Why it makes me happy - I didn't qualify...I didn't score that well. I did hit a tremendous amount of quality golf shots in howling wind. This was the first individual scratch tournament I have played in 25 years. It's a game for the younger and longer hitters but I was almost competitive. Just a bit more work to do.

HappyUP!!! - Cindy's Restaurant
Why it happened - it was close to the golf course
Why it makes me happy - I drove to the course early to avoid commuter traffic. I took a chance that I could find a place to sit down for breakfast. I had a great little egg scramble at this place

HappyUP!!! - my driver
Why it happened - I have been practicing
Why it makes me happy - though it landed me in trouble on 4 of the 15 holes I used it on, it was long and straight the rest of the time. This is a vast improvement from where it was.

HappyUP!!! - a birdie
Why it happened - I recovered from a bad break
Why it makes me happy - a birdie is always a HappyUP!!! I thought I had hit a good drive and would have a wedge into a par 4. Unfortunately, there was an overhanging tree that required me to hit a low 8 iron pitch about 100 yards. I kept it low, ran it up, and then made the putt. A bogey was turned into a birdie!

JollyJottings

Cindy's Restaurant
Golf Tournament
Drive off of 1....5 iron into 2...Driver on 3....Driver on 4...Hybrid on 4...Driver on 5...6 iron on 5....Driver on 6....Driver on 8....Driver on 10....Driver on 13...Driver on 14...Driver on 15...Drive on 18

Hitting stick on 10
Bunker shot on 11
8 iron trouble shot and birdie on 13
Bunker shot on 15
5 iron on 15
Up and down on 16
Hybrid and Wedge on 18

No comments: