Saturday, April 25, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 819

HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters Division Speech Contest
Why it happened - I had won at the club and area levels
Why it makes me happy - Surprise! Surprise! I won! I will now get to speak at the next level, the District Conference. I've been in a lot of contests and have gotten to today's level many times and come up empty. Not today!

HappyUP!!! - remembering my speech
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - I didn't spend that much time getting ready for this contest. Yet, I remembered every aspect of my speech today. I had a couple of slight hesitations but it was OK. I also saw the timing lights...I was running unexpectedly long and I calmly shelved a last part of my speech so I would qualify.

HappyUP!!! - golf
Why it happened - the weather was good
Why it makes me happy - I am on the verge of trying to qualify for the State Amateur. I have not been playing well for a long time. I didn't play that great today but I think I am finding something. One more practice round and some time on the range tomorrow...maybe...just maybe I am going to find that golf game just in time.

JollyJottings

Golf weather
Two birdies
Greens a little better
Lots of green lights
Toastmasters Speech Contest
9 extra holes in the evening

No comments: