Wednesday, January 28, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 731

HappyUP!!! - birdie on 18
Why it happened - who knows...it was a tough day in the wind
Why it makes me happy - I didn't hit the ball very purely today....which makes it tough to play in the wind. When I hit a great drive and a 9 iron to 3 feet, it made the rest of the day worthwhile. It's not all the time that you get a kick in birdie on a par 4....especially 18 at our club. It was a nice finish to the day.

HappyUP!!! - seeing a friend
Why it happened - my friend called to meet me for dinner
Why it makes me happy - grabbing a bite with a friend, I have found, is always a highlight of the day...especially when nothing too heavy is going on. Good meal...good conversation.

HappyUP!!! - the stock market
Why it happened - I'm not sure what was the deal today
Why it makes me happy - money isn't everything but, in these times, it's good to see the value of the assets climb.

HappyUP!!! - pitch shot on 9
Why it happened - I have some decent touch
Why it makes me happy - 9 plays tough for me. I have a heck of a time putting my ball on that green in two shots. It's a tough green because you have to be on the right place on the green. I wasn't there today....I missed in a bad spot. I hit an awesome shot up the hill that rolled up for a gimmie.

JollyJottings

Birdie on 18
Hybrid cut out of the rough
3 wood out of the rough
Hybrid on 14
6 iron on 13
Wedge on 4
Pitch shots on 2 and 9
Visit with a friend
Yogurt

No comments: