Friday, January 09, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 712....



HappyUP!!!
- lounging cats
Why it happened - I was ganged up on
Why it makes me happy - I got home from the golf course and did what golfers do.....I flipped on the Golf Channel to watch the 2nd round of the Mercedes Championship. Hey, it's the first tournament of the season....kind of like opening day for baseball season. As I was reclined in the AggressiveBoy lounger, Stogie jumped up on my lap. That's no big deal. He does it all the time. What has never happened is that we were joined in our golf spectating by Shadow, the girl cat. There I am, a cat on my lap, another cat wedged between my leg and the arm of the chair, a cat head in each of my hands, while watching golf. It was a family moment.

(<---a cool photo of the above was supposed to appear right here....but there appears to be an issue with the transmission from the LapCam...aka cell phone camera) HappyUP!!! - golf
Why it happened - I tee it up regularly
Why it makes me happy - I could go on and on here. R and I were joined by a guy we played with a couple of days ago....we like him. He is going to join us again in the morning. We were also paired with another interesting guy...very interesting...I'll get into that in a minute. We were able to have a good match with no strokes given. R and I prevailed to win a bet. I made a couple of birdies on the back nine. I got up and down on 17 and 18 which proved critical to preserve the win. My score was pretty good...even with four 3 putts. It was a nice day on the course.

HappyUP!!! - tap in birdie
Why it happened - I pitched a wedge up against the hole
Why it makes me happy - ANY birdie will be a HappyUP!!! contender. When you make a birdie that you don't have to putt because your opponents give it to you, there was a HappyUP!!! involved as you watched that shot creep closer to the hole.

HappyUP!!! - C the car guy
Why it happened - he was paired with us
Why it makes me happy - C has some cool cars......Porsches.....hot Porsches. He is also building cars to try to become the Carol Shelby of today. On Tuesday, I get to stop by his garage and see the first car that he has made before it heads off to the racetrack. Oh yeah.....this is a serious vehicle. If it's not a secret, you'll see some pictures on Tuesday.

JollyJottings

Steak Ka Bob breakfast
Birdies
Getting up and down when the pressure was on
Meeting up with a new guy at the club
Being joined by a guy who is becoming a new part of the group
Winning a fiver

No comments: