Tuesday, January 06, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 709




HappyUP!!!
- not back to the grind and ZERO
Why it happened - I retired
Why it makes me happy - yesterday and today would have starting the year all over again....for the umpteenth time.....from scratch. That is the way it is when you work in sales management at a large corporation. I REALLY have appreciated the last couple of days as I have taken in the drudgery of starting up the New Year.

HappyUP!!! - birdies on the bookends
Why it happened - I have skills?
Why it makes me happy - I was just going to practice today. After hitting some balls and then putting for a bit, I was invited to play the back 9 with one guy I know and three other guys. On the first hole I played with them, I rolled in an impossible hybrid chip shot from 50 feet with 8 feet of break. A good start is a HappyUP!!! On the final hole, I knocked a 7 iron about 12 feet from the hole, read the uphill putt with a little left to right break perfectly, and then hit the putt where I wanted to. THAT birdie saved me about $10...HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - financial seminar
Why it happened - my financial advisor invited me
Why it makes me happy - free food! Also, the person that was giving the talk is sometimes on CNBC.....a super bright Wharton Business School guy. It was a good talk explaining more of what has happened. I got a chance to talk to him about a theory that I have had...most people I talk to aren't qualified to shoot holes in it. He was able to give me some insight where I may have been off a bit.....that's a HappyUP!!! because, for the life of me, I could not see how we were going to get on track economically. I am not sure this guy's analysis was right regarding my thesis but he could be which is more than anyone else has been able to be.

JollyJottings

Not back to the grind and ZERO
A good practice session
A wine and cheese affair
A reading session
Birdie on 10
Birdie on 18
7 iron on 16
Putt on 15
Financial talk
Unexpected 9 holes

No comments: