Friday, January 23, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 726....Swingin in the Rain...

....just swingin in the rain -

HappyUP!!! - playing some golf
Why it happened - we decided to take a chance on the rain
Why it makes me happy - my golf partner and I were joined on the tee by a couple of buddies.
It didn't rain on us significantly. At the end of the day when it didn't look like we would play, I put another solid round in the books

HappyUP!!! - great sleep
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - waking up to the rain...refreshed...a wonderful start to the day

HappyUP!!! - two birdies
Why it happened - some solid play
Why it makes me happy - I play a tough course. I am averaging over a birdie a round now. I really should have had 4 birdies today....it will come. The course was wet...the course was playing long. When golf season hits, I am going to be ready for it.

HappyUP!!! - great 4 iron
Why it happened - I've been working on my game
Why it makes me happy - there is something about hitting a long iron on a par three right at the flag that may be one of the best feelings in golf. There is also the chance for an ace....this one ended up 5 feet from the hole.

HappyUP!!! - I am terrific
Why it happened - I have good friends
Why it makes me happy - while I try not to take things personally, it's always great to have someone pass along a nice word of affirmation like this.

HappyUP!!! - breakfast
Why it happened - I was hungry
Why it makes me happy - my favorite waitress told me all about her pole dancing lesson that a lady gave her and all of her girlfriends....c'mon....you know that is a HappyUP!!! What can I say? I'm a guy!

JollyJottings

Great sleep
First three shots on 1
Birdie on 5
4 iron on 7
8 iron on 10
Hybrid on 11
Pitch on 12
Birdie on 13
Hybrid on 17

No comments: