Sunday, January 11, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 714




HappyUP!!!
- provocative questions
Why it happened - I enrolled in a new program
Why it makes me happy - I had to answer some questions that made me think a little bit....and then turn them in. While they won't be graded, the accountability that comes with turning something in made me give them some extra thought....and I liked what I produced.

HappyUP!!! - flop shots and wedge play
Why it happened - I got myself in trouble on the golf course today
Why it makes me happy - I hit a great wedge on 4, an excellent bunker shot on 6, a great pitch on 11, a tremendous flop shot on 13, a nifty hybrid chip on 14, another great bunker shot on 16, a good flop shot on 17, and another fine wedge shot on 18. While my tee to green game was not good today, my short game kept it from being embarrassing.

HappyUP!!! - my putting game
Why it happened - I'm rolling it with more confidence
Why it makes me happy - I am not hitting greens right now....a bad thing on our golf course. It's not easy getting it up and down. HappyUP!!! number 2 (above) is the up....the putter is the down. I made some great putts today and very few bad ones (except for that slight pull on 11). I'll get the long game fixed this week.....but the putter is the great equalizer going into next weekend's big tournament.

HappyUP!!! - winning a skin yesterday
Why it happened - I made birdie with a couple of great shots
Why it makes me happy - I got $34 back on a $15 investment. No, it's not a fortune but it let me play free, pocket a couple of bucks, and keeps me as a winner for the week.

No comments: