Sunday, May 26, 2019

HappyUP!!! Day 4789

HappyUP!!! - the Nutter Cup                                  
Why it happened -we do it when we can
Why it makes me happy - it really is a blessing to be able to play golf with my brother and his adult boys at the level that we do. It is competitive and it is decent golf...but still fun....and the trash talk is light but still there. I am incredibly fortunate

HappyUP!!! - 3 wood on 18
Why it happened -I wish I could tell you
Why it makes me happy -the "A Game" wasn't there today...far from it. I kept battling. On the 18th fairway and the battle for the Nutter Cup hanging in the balance, I needed a solid three wood into the wind to put me in position to try to make a birdie. A three wood isn't always the easiest to hit when your game is totally on.  Keep in mind, my swing has not been cooperating much all day.  Out of absolutely nowhere, I hit what might be the best 3-wood of my life! It flew over the spot that I was hoping it would roll to! It was one of those nice surprises that golf brings once in awhile. Everything just synchs up and the result lets you see what you are capable of.

HappyUP!!! - a tidy kitchen
Why it happened -I keep working the plan
Why it makes me happy - I am going to keep this brief. This has been a work in progress...and I have been making progress in the creation and maintenance of this problem area. When I came home after the tough Nutter Cup loss, I got a nice uplift by the view when I walked in to eat. It "sparked joy" as our friend, Marie Kondo, would say.

JollyJottings
2 putt 5....wedge 6...2 putt 7...hybrid 8...9 iron 10...6 iron 12....pitch/putt 13...putt 15...scramble par 16...up and down 17....3 wood on 18 (and the wedge after)

Nutter Cup time
Rain holding off
A nice game plan
Tidy kitchen

No comments: