Wednesday, April 10, 2019

HappyUP!!! Day 4643 SuperHappyUP!!! Day

Tea? - looks relaxing
OK, kids - if today doesn't prove what the right mindset and attitude can do for you, you will never get it. After all, how can getting your teeth scraped, going to the social security office, going to DMV (twice), going to the hardware store (twice), and having your plumber come over and spend a ton of dough be a SuperHappyUP!!! Day?

Valid Question - if I was you, I think I would be crying, "that's a bunch of bull excrement!"...or something to that effect.

HappyUP!!! - the teeth cleaning                                   
Why it happened -I do it regularly
Why it makes me happy -I LOVE my hygienists. The one that I had today is the brutal one...usually. For whatever reason, perhaps I am doing a better job, it was totally painless and quite entertaining



HappyUP!!! - social security office
Why it happened -I decided to "hammer it out" today by handling "unpleasant" tasks
Why it makes me happy - I had never been to the new place. 20 minutes and no hassle and mission accomplished!

HappyUP!!! - on to DMV
Why it happened -my license is hiding
Why it makes me happy -I'm going to NEED my license soon. Yeah, you should have it every time you drive but mine isn't laying around in my money clip where it is supposed to be. It takes 2 months to get an appointment. THAT dog does not hunt. Hey, I have misplaced it so I have to do the time. The parking lot is jammed. There isn't any street parking. I decide to go home and see if the license may have magically appeared. No dice. I take a shot later in the day....4:55. I always heard this about DMV that they "work pretty fast at closing time." The parking lot is a GHOST TOWN!!! I am in and out in 10 minutes....and probably 3 of those was because I went in the wrong door! I LOVE the DMV!!!

It may not look like much to you but it
makes a crapload of difference to me!
HappyUP!!! - my plumber showed up
Why it happened -he is the BEST!!!
Why it makes me happy- he not only unclogged my sewer line, he installed a clean out that I needed, and replaced the trap under my sink that was a mess. He didn't show up on time...he was EARLY! Awesome!!! All of the work added up to a price that was fair...but it was a hefty tab. Well, guess what? Remember that little NCAA Bracket pool I unexpectedly won the other night? Covered the plumbing, my driver's license replacement, and some pocket change that I will go blow on something just for fun.

HappyUP!!! - the iMac
Why it happened - I ordered it
Why it makes me happy - OK, it came almost two weeks ago. My iPad has been doing great and I really hadn't determined where I was going to put it so it sat in the box. I pulled it out today. It set up like a DREAM...another stress point avoided.  It works PERFECTLY here on the blog (the iPad does not). Life changing? No. Compatible with all my stuff? Yes. The iPad is fantastic but it's not quite a computer...and..the display on the iMac? OMG...stunning

The day went so well - that "finding my missing kitty" didn't even make the cut. Plus, all of the above happened before 6 and I said, "nothing is going to top today," so I posted early tonight!

A LOT of potential stress points - all taken care of by professionals and no stress to me. I think I will enjoy a nice cup of tea! Cheers





No comments: