Friday, April 05, 2019

HappyUP!!! Day 4638

HappyUP!!! - Division Speech Contest                          
Why it happened - it’s a Toastmaster thing
Why it makes me happy - I had won at the club and area levels. The competition gets really tough at Division. Tonight was no exception. No matter what happened, though, I knew I was a winner. People came up to me beforehand and said, “do you notice how little sugar items were brought for the pot luck?” Keep in mind, the speech I had given at the area contest was about the evils of sugar. The point? People remembered and people were taking action. If you can make that happen as a speaker, you have done a hell of a job! I felt like a winner before I said a word

HappyUP!!! - Walking the Trail
Why it happened - inspiration from last night
Why it makes me happy - I needed to get away from the house and MOVE while I practiced my speech. Nature is a great place for that. Up ahead, I saw a homeless man on a bench. I knew I was going to get panhandled so I stopped practicing my anti-sugar speech way before I saw him. I was ready for him to hit me up for some cash. As I approached, he said, “excuse me sir....do you have an extra sugar packet?”  Obviously, he was having a withdrawal issue of some sort. The irony of the situation was too much! I laughed to myself about it, gave him some cash, and pointed him to a nearby store.

HappyUP!!! - Seeing improvements
Why it happened - the speech contest
Why it makes me happy - I had seen some of the contestants before. I was heartfelt in my congratulations to them for their marked improvement over the last time. One can say, “big deal,” but one would be short-sighted. You see, when someone gets better at something...especially something others fear.....you know a HUGE shift has incurred internally in all aspects of their life. I dig that!

HappyUP!!! -
Why it happened -
Why it makes me happy-

JollyJottings

No comments: