Saturday, July 14, 2018

HappyUP!!! Day 4373


HappyUP!!! - Uniforms
Why it happened -we installed a process
Why it makes me happy -"Shirt Power!!!" It was so funny matching attire with my partner today. Hey, we tied for 4th out of 40. The greatest thing was that, after 18, we changed from a dark shirt to a white one because of the afternoon heat for the final round.  "Uh....I just played 18 holes in warm weather. You aren't changing your shirt, you uncouth heathen!"...was my laughing response. Great stuff! In reality, it was nice to put on a fresh shirt in this heat. I may shower between next year

HappyUP!!! - "Gimmie the ball"
Why it happened -we got into the shootout
Why it makes me happy - after winning the flight, we survived the 15th and 16th hole without being eliminated. This put me on the tee on the par 3 seventeenth. All the knocked out competitors watching from the green 175 yards away. I soooooooo had wanted ....even mentally prepared for this exact moment. Yep, "gimme the shot, coach!"  Nothing but "good, excited" nerves. I took a swing, hit it a winky bit thin, looked for it to find the front of the green.....and.....watched it land right in the midle of the sand trap. Wah Wah ...LOL.  Lots of fun

HappyUP!!! - solid play all day long
Why it happened -I have been doing that...I'd say good mental space
Why it makes me happy -it's was a big tourney that we hosted. I had a guest out. It was nice to be a great anchor for the team.  I think I was only 6 over for 27 holes...then hit some great shots in the shootout (well...up until that sand trap thing above...LOL). Just a great day of golf, food, and fellowship

HappyUP!!! - World Cup Consolation
Why it happened -it's going on
Why it makes me happy- after a full day on the links and in the sun, it was good to come home to a meaningless game on the DVR.  The two teams, who I am sure did not want to be there, put on a good show and represented themselves as well as sportsmanship in high fashion

No comments: