Sunday, August 08, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1287


HappyUP!!! - Seeing Dan and the Stizzo's
Why it happened - Dan was in from Costa Rica
Why it makes me happy - these guys were a great band back in the late 70's. Dan ex-patriated to Costa Rica a few years back. All of these guys can play....and they did it again today.

HappyUP!!! - running into bro and sis-in-law
Why it happened - they knew Dan was coming to town
Why it makes me happy - I walk into Basic....not expecting to really have friends to hang out with...and...there they are! Nice!!!

HappyUP!!! - a solid round of golf
Why it happened - decided to take the club back a little shorter
Why it makes me happy - what I sacrificed on distance, I made up in control. I didn't play great but I made NO double bogeys and was good enough to get the cash from my adversaries.

HappyUP!!! - squaring up
Why it happened - see my solid round (coupled with Richie's bad putting)
Why it makes me happy - Richie and I have played a lot of golf over the last two years. There are days when well over a hundred bucks changes hands. The amount I won today evened us up to the penny for our lifetime of golfing and good times! How cool is that....many pressure packed moments.....MANY....and, at the end of the day, neither of us has paid a cent for them. (Now....he needs to start paying me lots of cents/dollars!!!)

JollyJottings

Seeing Dan
Running into my bro n sis-in-law
Drive/Wedge on 1
Hybrid on 2
9 iron on 3
5 iron on 4
Chutt on 5
Putt on 7
6 iron on 10
Putt on 11
Sand shot on 13
Chip on 14
Putt on 15
6 iron on 16
8 iron on 17

No comments: