Saturday, March 27, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1154


HappyUP!!! - tax appointment
Why it happened - it's that time
Why it makes me happy - 2009 was my first year of full retirement. Because I didn't really pay in, I had no clue how it was going to go. I was prepared to have to write a check that would have been substantial. As it turns out, I am probably going to get a dribble back!

HappyUP!!! - finding my ball on 18
Why it happened - I took an unlikely peek
Why it makes me happy - the last thing you want to do on the final hole is lose your golf ball in a hazard. My tee shot was errant right over a hill. When I tried to gouge it out of the tall grass, the weeds grabbed my club and turned it violently to the left. I watched the ball bound across the fairway toward the pond but thought, "it should be fine." I didn't think it would roll into the hazard. When we got to where my ball was supposed to be, we couldn't find it. I pulled a couple of balls out of the pond...not mine. As I was about to give up and head back to the cart, I saw a rather suspicious burrowing animal hole. I bent down, looked way back in there......HappyUP!!!!...there it was. If I don't find that ball, I'm paying out versue receiving cash from my playing partner.
HappyUP!!! - shot at a skin
Why it happened - I got a birdie on 2
Why it makes me happy - we play a Net Skin game on the weekend out at our club. With my handicap, they don't dish out a lot of strokes so I have to birdie a tough hole for a shot at some cash. That 6 iron I whistled in there was a thing of beauty

HappyUP!!! - the return of my putter (in a couple of ways)
Why it happened - I got it repaired and altered
Why it makes me happy - when you hit it like I do, you have to be able to putt. My putting had left me for a couple of days. Trust me, in golf and especially putting, it's all about confidence and thinking you can make putts. A couple of days off with the short stick is no big deal...you can have putting slumps for months

HappyUP!!! - sis in law birthday
Why it happened - it was one of those that ends in a zero
Why it makes me happy - we all went out to the Koi Palace. I couldn't believe how good the food was. Over the top and too much of it. It was great to spend time with sis' family as well as my nephews.


JollyJottings

Shot at a skin...birdie on 2
Refurbished putter
Finding ball in a burrowing animal hole
Getting taxes done
Sis in law's birthday dinner

No comments: