Thursday, March 11, 2010

happyUP!!! Day 1138


HappyUP!!! - nephew's birthday dinner
Why it happened - my nephew has a birthday every year
Why it makes me happy - my entire family gets together....my bro, sis-in-law, 2 nephews, and 1 niece (yeah, it doesn't take much) and it's just good family time.

HappyUP!!! - ad hoc chipping lesson
Why it happened - I was out practicing
Why it makes me happy - the owner of the course and director of golf were doing some work out by the putting green. I happened to be practicing....I was doing fine....but they saw a flaw in my form, came over, gave me a better idea, and....BAM...my chipping is going to get really good.

HappyUP!!! - lunch with the J's
Why it happened - they called me
Why it makes me happy - these are my girls...my ex-admin staff. I love them to pieces.....and I love them more as their friend now than I did as their boss (even though I loved them as their boss). Great time that passed too quickly.

HappyUP!!! - new swing theory
Why it happened - I was watching something on TV
Why it makes me happy - all of a sudden, I realized that I have been making this golf swing thing way too hard. I went out to the range and, while they didn't all go perfectly, the ball had some new zip to it. It was a simpler swing. It may not be pretty but it's not about pretty. It's about getting to the impact zone down the line and with a clubface square to the target.....and it doesn't matter how you get there. I think I have something to build on here.



JollyJottings

Proposed chipping area
Ad Hoc chipping lesson
Figured out something about the golf swing
Lunch with the J's
Text's with a buddy
Getting Self Concept Blog Post done
Nephew's Birthday Dinner

No comments: