Sunday, March 14, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1141



HappyUP!!! - a text from my buddy
Why it happened - I think he knew
Why it makes me happy - I have had a sinus/allergy/cold thing going on....not sure what. I think it is a sinus thing. Anyway, last night, I was actually getting first good sleep in awhile. I slept in until 7:10...that's late for me. "No problem...I can lay here for a few, enjoy the cat who just climbed up on em...I'm not teeing off till 9." Then I got the text. My phone showed me that, due to time change, it was 8:20...not 7:20. It all makes me happy because I got my butt out to the golf course in time.

HappyUP!!! - hot dog
Why it happened - time change
Why it makes me happy - no, it's not the breakfast of champions but, when you rush out the door (see above), you take what you can get to fill the hole! Plus....my golf course has GREAT Hot Dogs

HappyUP!!! - firming up the ski trip
Why it happened - my buddy insisted
Why it makes me happy - skiing is out of my comfort zone. My buddy has free passes. I haven't had the chance to hang with my friend in a bit. As long as I don't break something, it's going to be a great day!

HappyUP!!! - the weather
Why it happened - it's weather
Why it makes me happy - I know....I post on this one a lot. Yet...that is the purpose of the HappyUP!!! It is to fully appreciate things we take for granted. I can't tell you how beautiful today was in Nor Cal. Breathtaking

HappyUP!!! - pussywillows
Why it happened - my drive got a little close to the hazard
Why it makes me happy - I had to wait by my ball while my friends hit their shots. This gave me time to pluck a few of theses......and just make a mess like a little kid would. Oh.....what simple fun it was busting those pussywillow. So....so....so simple.....and enjoyable. I hope I never grow too old to enjoy this kind of thing.

JollyJottings

Good night's sleep
A "get your butt out of bed" text
7 iron on 7
Great putt on 9
Bunker shot on 18
Chip on 15
Spectacular weather

No comments: