Saturday, March 20, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1147



HappyUP!!! - net tournament qualifier at our club
Why it happened - we had to send representatives to the next level
Why it makes me happy - well, I would be HAPPIER to tell you that my partner and I qualified....we didn't. We had it going for awhile, however. We have fairly low handicaps which makes it a bit tougher for us to win in a "net" tournament....but we had our chances today. It would have been a longshot but we had some good hopes going for some time.

HappyUP!!! - back to back birdies
Why it happened - good shots and good putts
Why it makes me happy - see the above.....these birdies, along with one my partner had made, had us in the hunt. I stepped up and really drilled a 7 iron after my partner was in trouble. It's always a HappyUP!!! when you step up for the team.

HappyUP!!! - visit with a buddy
Why it happened - my buddy had some time after work
Why it makes me happy - hadn't gotten a chance to spend time with my friend in a bit.

HappyUP!!! - reconnecting with a friend
Why it happened - my friend shot me an e-mail
Why it makes me happy - I get to hear all about what is going on with a person I don't see nearly as often as I should. It was also good to hear that all is well.

HappyUP!!! - rocking the 18th hole
Why it happened - I put some shots together
Why it makes me happy - 18 can be tough for me. My partner had took an aggressive line, hit a big drive, but found the water. Now, it was on me. I piped it, knocked a wedge tight, and then hit a great putt from 8 feet. No, it didn't go in...it lipped out...but it left me feeling good about the round.

JollyJottings

Off to a good start
An over the top par
Back to back birdies
Played the 18th well

No comments: