Thursday, November 05, 2009

HappyUP!!! - Day 1013

HappyUP!!! - onion sets in
Why it happened - it's time
Why it makes me happy - stockton yellows, red torpedoes, walla wallas, spanish whites....let's hope they make it through the winter.....all 36 of em.

HappyUP!!! - drive on last hole
Why it happened - I took the driver rather than 3 wood
Why it makes me happy - the 9th hole is a tight one...you gotta be crazy to take out the big stick. Call me crazy....I hit it farther than I have ever been....it left me a light wedge in.....and a win on the hole that almost broke me even with my opponent.

HappyUP!!! - NEAR ACE!!!
Why it happened - I hit a nice punch shot
Why it makes me happy - good thing it didn't go in....I couldn't be part of the "bitter and the aceless" if it had rolled 3 more inches and gone in the hole. We played the 7th hole twice today. My buddy proceeded to leave it 2 inches short and was that close to his first ace

HappyUP!!! - drive on 6
Why it happened - I was busting it
Why it makes me happy - I had my short hybrid left into this par 5. I usually have to layup while my opponents can always go for it. If I can get it in this range...or even a few yards back...I make up a lot of disadvantage.

HappyUP!!! - birdies on two and three
Why it happened - a great 8 iron....and a lovely tear drop wedge
Why it makes me happy - I had bogeyed the first hole.....then turned right around and got it to one under. Talk about a bounce back!!!

No comments: