Sunday, June 17, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 142

HappyUP!!! - intervals
Why it happened - I decided it needed to happen
Why it made me happy - I overcame a lot of inertia to get going on this one. When I was done, I was happy!

HappyUP!!! - visiting with a neighbor
Why it happened - I stopped and chatted on my way back from intervals
Why it made me happy - I really should talk to my kitty-corner neighbors more. We went to high school together. We have both been doing some remodeling so we checked out each other's pads. I gave them some vegetables.....really cool because I needed to find some people close by to off-load my produce too. One guy can only eat so much

HappyUP!!! - US Open finish
Why it happened - it was round 4
Why it made me happy - it was suspenseful. I love it when the top people in the world are going after it and really grinding it out. I would have liked to see Tiger pull it out. Man, did you see that guy? He is one buff dude...not something you see in the golf world.

Special HappyUP!!! - Father's Day
Why it happened - I don't know...someone started the tradition
Why it made me happy - though I didn't do a lot of celebrating, I stayed with Dad last night, got him out of bed, got him his breakfast.....and brought him some tomatoes that I had grown from my garden....the same garden that used to be his. This was a painful Father's Day. I had to search for the HappyUP!!! With Dad chair/bed-ridden, it's difficult to watch him deteriorate. Yet, I was happy to drag him from his bed to his chair and back to the bed at the end of the day.

No comments: