Friday, June 08, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 132...


HappyUP!!! - neighborhood packed with cars
Why it happened - it's Graduation Night
Why it makes me happy - I live a few blocks from the high school. When fall rolls around and homecoming is upon us, I see a few cars overflowing the high school's parking lot. One night a year, however, the neighborhood is overrun with parkers. This is how I know it is graduation. No nieces or nephews going through the drill this year for me. Still, a new crop of kids feeling the accomplishment of finishing the required schooling. Promises being made to always stay in touch.....not knowing that time and circumstance will divide many of them until a possible reunion. It's a wistful time for those of us a little older who think back to when we were on that stage 30 years ago.

HappyUP!!! - the first tomato
Why it happened - one tomato broke out
Why it makes me happy - it's time to find my friends who love homegrown tom-toms. I have a lot this year. There was one that turned color. The rest will be close behind. To someone that loves tomatoes, there is nothing like homegrown.

HappyUP!!! - the lawn is cut
Why it happened - I didn't feel like doing it...but I did
Why it makes me happy - I'll get to enjoy the look of a cut and watered lawn when I get up and all day tomorrow. This is one of my simplest pleasures.


No comments: