Saturday, June 09, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 133......Saturday...ahhhh


HappyUP!!! - breakfast at Pacific St
Why it Happens - it just does on most Saturdays
Why it makes me happy - it may be the same cast and crew. It may be the same short stack with a side of sausage. It may be a routine. It still makes me happy to hang with my friend and their family. My dad doesn't have many days left. I only have one blood brother left. It's never too late to put yourself up for adoption!

HappyUP!!! - a BBQ for a grad
Why it happened - the same family above had a high schooler graduate so they did a poolside BBQ
Why it makes me happy - it's people getting together to talk and socialize.....no big drunken blowout. A few burgers, a few dogs, a few beers by the pool......nice.

HappyUP!!! - Dad duty
Why it happened - bro and sis in law are out of town
Why it makes me happy - it was up to me to make sure that pops was taken care of last night. I will tell you...this has been an eye opening experience. When my dad was the age that I am right now, I was about 8 or 9. Follow me on this. In a way, I am now the age that my dad was when I really started realizing he was my dad...taking me places....etc. I now help him out of the chair, into bed, and with hygenics. It is like I am now at the beginning of the entire trip that I have witnessed him take. Does that make sense? Yes, there are thoughts of my mortality that creep in. There is something more, however. It is like I see a new beginning...a new segment of my life because I have seen this segments of my father's. Anyway, the happyup!!! is just that I can be of use and help my pops. It's more important than anything else right now.

No comments: