Monday, June 11, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 135

HappyUP!!! - meeting my friends for breakfast in Riverside
Why it happened - a little brekko before we headed to the golf course
Why it made me happy - fellowship. I am becoming convinced that good conversation...even if it is BSin around are some of the best moments for me. Plus....I caught some excellent grapefruit.

HappyUP!!! - ride to the golf course in my buddy's RED VO6 Corvette
Why it happened - I needed a ride
Why it made me happy - hey, it is a nice ride. Plus, speed makes my friend happy. This puppy has it. It will blow twin turbo Carerra's away. Now, it's not my cup of tea and, thankfully, it was just surface streets between the hotel and golf course. Yours truly was in no danger at any time. My bud did punch it a couple of times, however, and I have been in a few Corvettes. I could feel the potential.....potential to get whiplash by getting my head snapped back by the acceleration

HappyUP!!! - a few quality golf shots
Why it happened - if you are lucky, you get a few in a round
Why it made me happy - I am not worrying much about score these days. It is all about how that contact is made with the ball. I have come to learn that I just really dig a purely hit golf shot....not just a good shot...a pure one. I had a 6 iron, an 8 iron, a hybrid, a 5 iron, two 3 woods, and a couple of drives hit that way today. I am not kidding. Even a decent player can go an entire round without "pure-ing" a shot. I had several today. I had some very, very poor shots too but what else is new? I just need to be on the links a bit more.

No comments: